Friday, August 31, 2012

BELFAST
I recently travelled to Belfast for a day trip and had a super day.

Shopping in Belfast has improved so much in recent years and the new Victoria Square shopping centre is great. Despite the strength of sterling there are still some great bargains.

I still enjoy doing some grocery shopping in Sainbury's they have really great value in their medical range ie cough mixture, pain killers etc they are exceptional value and the staff are so pleasant. it is a lovely supermarket to look around. There was a notable absence of Irish shoppers compared to the last time I was there .

I bought the following everything was reduced as the summer sales were still on.

A pair of calvin Klein jeans and a pair of white trousers

A lovely linea blue scarf which is great with jeans

Kurtz Geiger scarf and hat

My ultimate bargain was silver sandals which I had lusted over after seeing them on Anne's Heart and Soul blog from Tk maxx they were on the clearance rack and cost just 3 pounds.They are definitely car to bar shoes they are ultra high for me but I laughed when I saw the price.

I really recommend a visit to Belfast my base for the day was the Hilton Hotel which is very central.



5 comments:

  1. Definitely a bargain Inge...I would buy another pair if I could at that price!! I have worn them all summer:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice buys Inge! And Belfast is a place I really want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those same rope shoes - they are great!

    ReplyDelete